Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies

July 13, 2011

I have been holding out on you…I know, it’s terrible. I’ve been making these brownies for months now but I am just getting around to sharing the recipe with you. Shame on me! These are just too good not to share. I hope you’ll forgive the delay. I was growing, and then birthing, a baby after all.  Plus, once you taste this ridiculously decadent brownie in all of its chocolate and peanut butter glory I have a hunch that any hard feelings will be assuaged. They are just that good:-)

You must try these this summer. The sooner the better! They would be the perfect thing to take along to a picnic or potluck– yum!

Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies

Peanut Butter Filling:

• 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 2/3 cup honey

Ganache:

• 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • 6 tbsp. butter

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and toothpick comes out not quite clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.

Peanut Butter Filling: Stir together peanut butter and honey. Spread over cooled brownies.

Ganache: Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. This should only take 1-2 minutes. Pour evenly over brownies and spread carefully. Cool on counter or in refrigerator until set.

Toss restraint aside. Enjoy!

Jess Wakasugi July 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm

You can’t post something as decadent as this during mid-afternoon, total cruelty to those working ;)

Natalie July 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Looks so good!

Becky July 13, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Sorry Jess! Make them tonight, they are worth the wait…promise;-)

Becky July 13, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Thanks Natalie!

Sara Van Heel July 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm

WOW! They look AMAZING! And I just got off the treadmill a little bit ago, so I DESERVE some!!! :)

Erin July 13, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Oh heaven just appears before my eyes!

Rebekah July 14, 2011 at 7:54 am

Those look so delicious! Bookmarking this one for sure!

Ellie A. July 14, 2011 at 3:44 pm

What is that I hear? Angels singing.. WHOA mama does this look good :) Adding to my got to make List!

Heidi @ Food Doodles July 14, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Wow those look incredible. That peanut butter filling is calling to me :D

Mollie Bailey July 14, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Just made these after salivating all day at work. Now, happy and in sugar shock. Check out my blog, I linked back to you. Keep up the good + sweet work, I love your creations!

Slobbering on the Keyboard July 14, 2011 at 11:12 pm

OMG! I cannot take my eyes off the screen…and I think I gained an inch just by looking at how gorgeous these brownies are!

Nicole @ itsfeedingtimeatthezoo July 15, 2011 at 4:36 am

Since it’s pouring rain here and I don’t have any of the ingredients necessary to make these, I am left sitting at home, drooling and imagining a plate of these in front of me. Probably best, because if they were real I might just eat them all.

Bakerbynature July 18, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I could totally see myself curling up to one or three of these, with a glass of ice cold milk, of course.

Kelley G. August 7, 2011 at 9:10 pm

First, I love your blog. The recipes you post provide enough of a challenge to keep me interested in baking, but I can always find something quick and easy enough to sneak in during one of my newborn’s power naps without sacrificing taste :-)

Second, these brownies are insanely delicious!!! My blood sugar is likely 1000 right now, but it was soooo worth it!!!

Question…do you have a creme brulee recipe that you like???

Thanks for posting!!!

Becky August 8, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Hi Kelley! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the recipes:-) I know exactly what that is like to sneak in baking during naps! I have actually never made creme brulee…I guess I should get on that!!

Shoes August 24, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Oh my! I had plans to go grocery shopping and clean the house today but perhaps I should drop all those bothersome plans and make these instead. I get a sugar rush just looking at the pictures you posted!!

Mollie October 14, 2011 at 12:44 am

these look amazing!! I’m making them this weekend!

Brenda February 4, 2012 at 10:58 am

Dear Becky, these brownies looook so good and delicious. I want to make them today for tomorrow’s Super Bowl party. How do you get to the print site so you don’t have to print all the pages? If I don’t hear from you I will copy by writing down the recipe. If these are as good as they look, there want be a crumb left. Thank you! Brenda

Becky February 4, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Hi Brenda – I just started using a new feature that will allow you to print recipes from here on out. Yay! Unfortunately past recipes won’t have this ability. You will LOVE these though…so good!! Enjoy!

Rebecca February 25, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I just made it and cannot WAIT until they cool so I can have a taste!! I am fairly new to baking (just got a kitchen aide mixer:)! ) but was excited to find this because I had most of the ingredients on hand. Was wondering what kind of chocolate chips you used? I had some semi sweet and dark but just used semisweet because I know they are used for baking.

Thanks again!

Nickelle April 6, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Omg these look so darned good and I’m a) at work and b) too broke to buy the ingrediants and now I’m drooling over the pictures of them. Peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite combination in the world. And brownies are the way God intended chocolate to be eaten. So peanut butter chocolate brownies pretty much are my holy grail.

Becky April 6, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Lol…you’re cracking me up Nickelle:-) These are my all-time favorite brownies! So good!!

Sheree July 29, 2012 at 9:33 pm

These look delicious!!! May I ask if you use semi-sweet or milk chocolate for the topping? Thank you!!

Becky July 30, 2012 at 7:05 am

Hi Sheree!

I used semi-sweet.These are beyond delicious…enjoy!

Aleta August 18, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Wow, just pinned these from pinterest…….are these brownies even legal???!!!!! :) I have GOT to make them soon, but first I have to finish the blueberry cinnamon rolls that are raising.

Becky August 18, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Oooooh! Blueberry cinnamon rolls sound delicious. And yes, I LOVE these brownies, one of my favorite desserts!