- Top shelf – This is where I keep my less frequently used baking supplies. Cookie cutters, food coloring, cake decorating. etc. It’s also where I throw, quite literally, other random baking items that don’t belong on the other shelves. Cupcake liners? Toss them up to the top shelf…and hope that they don’t come falling back down on me. Yes, I did just admit that I do that.
- Middle shelf – This is where I store flours and sugars. The trouble with this shelf is that I constantly have to remove the flour to get to the sugar or vice versa. I am always shuffling things around to get to what I need. I have done this for years. Why, oh why, did I not change this sooner!
- Bottom shelf – Everything else. Baking powder, soda, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, etc. I have no idea what those sprinkles are doing down there as that is clearly a top shelf item.
- Top shelf – My biggest accomplishment here was figuring out a solution for my cookie cutters. They fit perfectly in one layer of the stacking storage container. The other layer contains sprinkles, food coloring, candles, etc. I also threw a couple of stacking baskets onto that shelf to coral other cake decorating and miscellaneous items.
- Middle shelf – This is my favorite part! I purchased tall, thin containers that fit the space perfectly. Now I can see everything at once and just reach up and grab it. No more shuffling things around to get to something else. So nice!
- Bottom shelf – I put a couple more of those sweet stacking baskets on this shelf…one for baking chips and one for pudding/jello mixes, etc. Then I went through the rest of my supplies to make sure they were up to date. Now, I know exactly what is there!
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mini candy-bars (whatever variety you like)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large microwave safe dish melt butter and butterscotch chips, 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk again until well-blended. Stir in flour and salt. Add chopped candy bars and combine. Pour into a greased 9 inch cake or tart pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
Marvelous topped with ice cream and butterscotch sauce!!
Organizing Sources ~ All containers were purchased at Target. The labels are downloadable for free from Better Homes and Gardens.