Ah…pasta. Pasta and peanut butter. A couple of my favorite foods. What do you get when you combine the two? Heaven in your mouth! This pasta is super simple. Make a quick dressing. Cook some pasta. Add some veggies, and chicken if you like. Done. Use whatever veggies float your boat…this recipe is super versatile. I used carrots and green onions this time but I was really wishing I’d had some cabbage to throw in. Peppers would be great too!
This dish also makes perfect leftovers (if you have any!). The sauce is nice and thick so it will gum up a bit in the fridge. Simply add a splash of water or soy sauce and you have yourself a nice creamy sauce again! Word of caution: this meal is about as addicting as it gets. Be prepared to share if your trying to keep any New Years resolutions!
Spicy Peanut Veggie Pasta
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
- 1/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili/garlic sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup matchstick-size carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
Combine first 8 ingredients in small bowl; whisk to blend. Set dressing aside.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and drain again. Transfer pasta to medium bowl. Add carrots and green onions. Pour dressing over; toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with peanuts. Toss restraint aside. Enjoy!
adapted from Epicurious