I’m pretty tight with cream cheese right now. First I put cream cheese in cookies. Then I put those cookies in the best darn cookie dough cheesecake bars you’ll ever eat. Then, as if all that weren’t enough, I made these. Brownie Cheesecake Bars. The evil cousin of the cookie dough cheesecake bars. Evil, because once you eat one it is nearly impossible to stop yourself from eating another. Then again, I’m not long on self-control. But look at them….this is decadence, my friends.
You might be able to tell that I under-baked these just a tad. I tend to under-bake rather than over-bake. I sorta love ooey-gooey. The brownie component of these was part brownie/part molten lava. The cheesecake filling was as dreamy and creamy as ever. If you want them to be fully brownie, sans molten lava, make sure to bake them completely. Friends don’t let friends under-bake. Or maybe they do?
- 2 pkg. brownie mix, prepared according to package directions.
- 3 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Mix in vanilla and sour cream. Set aside.
- Prepare brownie mixes according to package directions.
- Pour and spread slightly more than half of the brownie mixture into the greased pan. Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter.
- Dot the remaining brownie batter evenly over the pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cheesecake appears set when jiggled.
- Cool. Chill for several hours or overnight.
Under-bake or over-bake? What’s worse? Am I the only one who would pick gooey every time?!