Valentine’s Day is four days away! How did that happen? I’ve been so preoccupied with other things that it just snuck right up on me. Well, I can’t let it pass on by without sharing, at the very least, some chocolate with you:-)
These cookies are the yummiest, most addicting little things. I threw a little sour cream in them, you know, just to see what would happen. I was really impressed with how they came out! Chewy, but also soft and tender thanks to the sour cream. I used dark cocoa because it’s my absolute favorite. And pink m&m’s…well…you just try to walk away from them…because it’s pretty much impossible.
|Dark Chocolate M&M Cookies||
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa (I like Hershey’s dark)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 bag Valentine’s M&M’s
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- Cream the butter, sour cream and both sugars together with an electric mixer until well-beaten.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Turn the mixer on low and pour in the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Add the M&M’s and mix until just incorporated.
- The dough may be refrigerated until ready to use.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes, until set. Baked cookies may look just slightly wet in the middle. You’ll want this for a nice, soft and chewy cookie.
- Cool on a cooling rack and then store in an airtight container.