It’s Friday. I love Friday. It means that the weekend is here (well, almost). It means spending some much-needed quality time with the husband. It means, dare I say it, there could be a nap in my near future. Which will be entirely welcome after managing my sick, and somewhat cranky, offspring all week. It means Peanut Butter Cup Cream Pie. Whoa, what?
Peanut Butter Cup Cream Pie? Yes, my friends, welcome to my dreams. Where I have visions of sugar, cream, and mini peanut butter cups floating in my head. Oh, and oreos. Not that I like oreos or anything. Put them all together and experience the magic that is Peanut Butter Cup Cream Pie. Come on. You know you want to.
- Oreo cookies, crushed (I used 2 rows from an 18oz bag)
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 8-ounce package mini peanut butter cups (I used about ⅔ of the package)
- hot fudge sauce (optional, but good!)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix together oreo crumbs and melted butter.
- Gently but firmly press the oreo mixture into the bottom/sides of a pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixture to beat your cream until it holds firm peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate, larger bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold about ⅓ of the whipped cream into your cream cheese mixture to lighten it, then add the rest. Gently fold until evenly incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon filling into your cooled pie crust, and spread it out in an even layer.
- Sprinkle mini peanut butter cups over the top of the cream.
- Refrigerate the pie for a few hours to allow the creamy filling to firm up.
- If desired, drizzle with hot fudge sauce.*
lovingly adapted from Just Putzing Around the Kitchen