|Peanut Butter Cup Cream Pie ||
Wow your friends with this rich, uber creamy and delicious pie!
- Oreo cookies, crushed (I used 2 rows from an 18oz bag)
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 8-ounce package mini peanut butter cups (I used about 2/3 of the package)
- hot fudge sauce (optional, but good!)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix together oreo crumbs and melted butter.
- Gently but firmly press the oreo mixture into the bottom/sides of a pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixture to beat your cream until it holds firm peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate, larger bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into your cream cheese mixture to lighten it, then add the rest. Gently fold until evenly incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon filling into your cooled pie crust, and spread it out in an even layer.
- Sprinkle mini peanut butter cups over the top of the cream.
- Refrigerate the pie for a few hours to allow the creamy filling to firm up.
- If desired, drizzle with hot fudge sauce.*
*I concocted a mixture of equal parts cream, peanut butter, and hot fudge. Just melt slightly, mix well and drizzle over pie. Yum!
Recipe by Becky Bakes at http://www.beckybakes.net/2012/04/27/peanut-butter-cup-cream-pie/