|Double Butterscotch Bars ||
These Double Butterscotch Bars have a texture somewhere between a cake and a brownie...so delicious. It's hard to imagine until you sink your teeth into one!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pkg. instant butterscotch pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cups butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- splash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Butter a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, pudding mix and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Mix the butter mixture into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until set and just golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out mostly clean.
- Let the bars cool slightly in the pan before glazing.
- For Glaze: In a small microwave safe bowl, melt together butter and butterscotch chips, stirring every 20 seconds (watch carefully so as not to burn the chips). Mix in powdered sugar and enough milk to reach the desired consistency. Glaze should be thick but still pourable. Pour over the bars and cool before serving.
Recipe by Becky Bakes at http://www.beckybakes.net/2012/05/26/double-butterscotch-bars/