I just LOVE summer! Longer, warmer days. The smell of sunscreen (is that weird?). The realization that strawberry picking is upon us…wahoo! I’m obsessed with strawberry freezer jam. And strawberry shortcake. And seeing the delighted berry-stained faces of my offspring. But I digress. You know what else I love about summer? S’mores. I have often thought I should dedicate a week to all things S’mores here on Becky Bakes. A whole week of S’mores. Wouldn’t that be lovely? Maybe one of these summers I’ll find the time. Until then, can I share these S’more Pudding Jars with you?
I made these on a whim this weekend and they were fantastically easy and just as delicious. Can one really go wrong with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate pudding, and the most adorable little marshmallows ever?! I think not.
- 12 graham crackers (1 sleeve plus a few), crushed
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1¼ cups Mallow Bits*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together crushed graham cracker, melted butter, and sugar.
- Press into the bottom of a baking pan. (I used a 9x13 baking pan but didn't push the crumbs all the way to the edges. This isn't an exact science...you'll be scraping the crumbs back out of the pan anyway!)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk until well blended. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Spoon ½ of the graham cracker crumb mixture into the jars (I used five 8 oz. jars).
- Layer pudding over crumbs, dividing evenly among the jars.
- Top with remaining graham cracker crumbs and the Mallow Bits.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.