|Hearty Quinoa Banana Pancakes || ||
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/3 milk, your choice (skim, soy, almond, coconut)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large very ripe bananas, pureed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together chia seeds and boiling water.
- Add quinoa, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add chia seed mixture to flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add pureed bananas and mix until just combined.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more melted butter and remaining batter.
Recipe by Becky Bakes at http://www.beckybakes.net/2012/06/18/hearty-quinoa-banana-pancakes-2/