|Caramel Peanut Butter Oat Bars || ||
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the caramel sauce and melted peanut butter untl smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar; beat until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- In another large bowl stir together flour and baking soda; stir in oats.
- Gradually stir dry mixture into beaten mixture.
- Press 2/3 of the oatmeal mixture into a greased 9X13 pan.
- Pour caramel/peanut butter sauce into pan, spreading evenly over the dough.
- Drop pieces of the remaining dough over the caramel sauce.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
- Cool, slice, enjoy!
Recipe by Becky Bakes at http://www.beckybakes.net/2012/06/26/caramel-peanut-butter-oat-bars/