|Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies || ||
A gluten and dairy-free masterpiece of a cookie.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter* (Earth Balance sticks are great!)
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (make sure to use gf if need be)
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and raw sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. A cookie scoop works great for this!
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until set. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
*You should be able to replace the Earth Balance with dairy butter or the GF flour blend with wheat flour. These are quite adaptable! Use whatever works for you. **Enjoy Life makes dairy-free chocolate chips that are good. If you are near a Trader Joe's, however, they have great chocolate chips that are naturally dairy-free and more reasonably prices than the Enjoy Life brand.
Recipe by Becky Bakes at http://www.beckybakes.net/2012/08/06/peanut-butter-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-gluten-dairy-free/