I still have not quite licked this cold I’ve had, though I feel like I may be finally turning the corner! But life goes on and we’re still figuring out creative ways to avoid gluten and dairy. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies…we had the best roasted green beans a few days ago. Just olive oil, salt & pepper and a quick roast in the oven…yum! My 1-year-old devoured them.
This Baked Raw Sugar and Garlic Chicken has been one of my favorite meals so far. Oh, thank goodness for chicken. There are 10 bazillion ways to prepare chicken but when I saw a recipe for Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken on Pinterest I was drooling! I replaced the brown sugar with raw sugar and it worked perfectly. A little bit sweet and a little bit savory. Plus, it was super easy to throw together which makes it great for a week-night!
|Baked Raw Sugar & Garlic Chicken|
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 500°F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in raw sugar.
- Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and sugar mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes (times vary depending on the size of the chicken).
adapted from Food.com