I would be perfectly content to eat this every morning for the entire fall. Enjoy!
|Spiced Pumpkin Oatmeal|
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 1/2 cups milk or water
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Toast the spices in a saucepan over low heat for about 2 minutes, they will smell fragrant and divine!
- Stir in the agave and pumpkin.
- Add the milk.
- Raise the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the oats and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender. 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings. I used milk and a little extra drizzle of agave. Dried cranberries and/or pecans would be good!
Source: The New York Times Cookbook